Friday, August 07, 2009

I've been screaming to the world
the soft words of 'Love is the way' for so very long,
but I still see no response.

People are apparently to afraid to try
Or maybe they're too busy to play.
They are more interested in lies, deceit, money, power.
They don't understand that love is the way.
Not a way, but the way.

Am I being foolish?
I don't think so.
You see,
Hate is easy, I won't deny.
But love feels so much more divine.
Even after is gone.
And who can deny it tastes so much better?
Psychologically, physically, existentially speaking.

Yet, sometimes even I forget this.
When I do, I soon get tired of fighting.
In war you can't ever win but you can certainly lose, you know?
Such a self-destructive activity.
And when I engage in self-destructive tendencies,
I always find myself lost in restless nights,
Full of memories, thoughts and feelings that bring me teary eyes.
That's when I remember... 'love is the only way' right?
And in that moment, all the joy of the world
Its brought to my chest and my hands,
And just like dove wings nurtured every bit of it,
Love nurtures me.

No matter how many wrong roads I walk,
How many bad turns I make,
I always come back to love.
No matter how low into darkness I take my life,
I always end up experiencing more comfort in rising.
No matter how much detachment or pain I experience,
Love will always find a way back into my life.

And I'm not only talking about a male-female kind of love,
But more about an asexual sort of love.
A love for humanity.
A love for life.
A love for love.
A love that emanates from within
And reaches every corner of the soul.

So love the others,
And never forget.
Love 'til you can love no more.
Then, force yourself to experience it one more time.
Heck, love even for the sake of loving.
Love because loving feels so damn fuckin' good.

Maybe if people start lovin' more
They'll realize to what extent we have been infected with materialism.
And I'm guilty too.
It's a hard habit to kick,
It's a hard obsession to put down.
But it's necessary.
In the most urgent sort of way.
Our generation has no great war, per se.
We have no rebellion to speak of.
We are complacent screws in a machine
That seems to be heading towards the edge of a precipice.
So I propose this.
Lets make love our revolution.
Maybe then our generation will find some interest in something productive.
This is the only war we need to win, you see.
Is the only one worth fighting.

So let's all get involved,
After all, we are all in this together.
Join me in this war, join me if you care.
Let's fight without guns,
Let's fight without bombs,
Let's fight with our hearts and with our minds.
Let's fight not only for our lives, but for all lives.
Let's fight for everything we have ever known.

This is our last chance to make it.
We're reaching a critical point, don't you see?
There's too many people fighting for the other side...

A war for liberty means justice,
But a war for life and love?
That means everything.

0 comments: