Saturday, November 07, 2009

lovers and strangers
mixed up world

my skin is talking too loud for my heart to listen
i wish you could hear it
but you are sleeping
and the wind is blowing
and tonight i feel lonely
and sometimes you can't find calmness in the stars

i wish you could kiss the end of my lips right now
i wish you could make me feel more like a person
more like a soul
but the clouds are gone
and so is your smell
and no more feeling your arm around my neck

is funny
how my hands keep searching for each other
I think they confuse the other one with one of yours
they want to remain clutch for the rest of the night
and i still don't know why my body is so drawn to you
even my mind keeps staring back at your memory

and i'm not sure if i want to be that word you end up saying
i think i rather be that feeling you end up swallowing
that way i could swim from your throat to your guts and live there
or perhaps i just want you to fill the space between my thighs
im still not sure, don't think ill figure it out tonight

oh god, tonight i only wish i could write lines
that would fall perfectly in place with the other one
but i can't, because none of my thoughts seems to rhyme
they don't even make sense, they have no harmony

But i will keep borrowing thoughts and words from life
to try to explain the things inside
even if they never come out the way i want them to do

i wish my heart had hands, you know
and i wish those hands had pens
and i wish they could write what they feel
in a white sheet of paper
that way the words would come out directly
out of this blood pumping organ
without being contaminated by my thoughts

and i think going from one word to another
this abruptly
and clicking enter before is time
might confuse you
but i cant stop writing
not 'til i tell you i want to feel your hands
around my ribs one more time
and confess that i've always had this hole inside me
that i cant seem to fill it with anything
and that it keeps growing, and growing
and that im lost and that im broken,
and that i've come to think i have no repair....

0 comments: