Tuesday, July 14, 2009

This isn't a world of success;
It is a world of attempts.
To truly fail is to never try.
For what happiness can be cultivated from a life wasted away?
To play it safe and never risk it all,
Is to give up from the initial beginning.

It is playing into the world's unquestioned misconception.
Where is the accomplishment in a life only comprised of safety and comfort?
Is reality actually the truth?
Or is it only the denial of dreams to become true?
Failure. Why is this idea so bone rattling?
Failure is basically defined as the lack of success.
The lack of success by who standards?
Of your own?
Or of what you are told?

How can one truly fail?
Consider the thought, if you will, of what is exactly success.
Success is not fame, glamor, riches, power, etc.
-At least not by my standards.
Not of my thoughts, which are my own,
Not what I have been told.

Not what I have been taught or preached or swayed to believe.
No, no, no,
These thoughts are mine.

And with that said,
I must impose another question,

When precisely the connect to success equals happiness?
In all actuality, there are two different things entirely.
There is no connection; no knot to tie them.
But wait, yes there is.
Or at least there is a lovely fabrication of one.
It's not your own, of course.
But society's once again predominate influence
.
The influence that tear your hopes and dreams to shreds.
Maybe that is why hope only comes in gleams.
They don't want your soul and could care less about your mind.
They want you as a drone to fill and slip
By their standards and not your own.
Success, failure, happiness.
I see success in failure and failure in success.
But it all depends on what of the explanation.
Failure is to try, to pursue something you believe in.
I see no failure in that.
Success?
Maybe it is just comprising beliefs, morals, truths

For that spot on a television screen.
And to be honest,
I see happiness as success.

Not be switched.
Because in my opinion,
What more could you ask for besides happiness?

But happiness is for you define, and you alone.
Not me, not your family, not your friends,
not your heroes, not your teachers, not your priest,

not Hollywood, not TV,
nor the photo shopped cover of a magazine.

Happiness is different for everyone
It is the greatest thing you can have and the biggest misconception.

I may be a fool,
But I'd like to believe this is true.
And I wish these thoughts of mine weren't alone.

0 comments: